Essential Checks Before a Long Car Journey
We all know we’re supposed to check our car before we set off on a long journey. But what does that actually involve?
These checks can be done by anyone at any time and will not need any special equipment or prior knowledge.
1.Check Your Tires
There are three elements that you should check:
2. Check Your Oil Levels
To check the oil level you will need to remove the dipstick. You should be able to easily locate this as it will be either a bright yellow or orange pull ring.
Once you’ve pulled out the dipstick you should then wipe it clean so that no residual oil remains and could provide a false level.
3. Check The Engine Coolant
It is especially important that this check and top up is done when the engine is cold, and we recommend leaving the vehicle for at least eight hours since it was last used before opening the coolant tank. This is because the coolant can get incredibly hot and with the pressure in the tank opening it when not cool can cause serious injury.
4.Make Sure Your Lights are Working
To check your headlights and high beams face the reflective surface, and turn them on. You can also check your cabin light, and your front fog light, if your vehicle has one.
5.Test Your Brakes
You should also check your brakes are working correctly before setting off.
There are two checks to complete. The first is to press down on the brake pedal before starting the engine, it should feel spongy and not slack at all. Then turn the engine on and conduct the second test. In a safe place you should apply the brakes firmly when driving. The vehicle should stop promptly and not pull to one side.
6.Check your battery
Before you head off you should check that your essential electric systems (battery) are working. A problematic battery will reduce the ability to supply electricity to a number of components, such as lights, wipers, door locks, air conditioners, audio systems and others. The characteristics are easy, these components do not work stably if the battery has a problem.
If you’re setting off on a long trip, then you should fill up at the fuel station.
Drivers should refuel their vehicle when they have anywhere between a quarter of a tank or half of a tank left for maximum efficiency.The less fuel in your tank, the greater the risk of running out completely in a bad spot.
For more info about car insurance, please call 021-50508080.
Sahabat Insurance Continues to Support the Financial Inclusion Month
Sahabat Insurance held an exhibition with Maybank Finance and dealers on Thursday, June15th, 2023 at Jl Ahmad Yani, Banjarmasin, South Kalimantan. This exhibition is part of the support program for the Financial Inclusion Month (BIK) in order to encourage inclusion and services closer to the community.
Call us Sahabat Insurance or chat via WhatsApp 021-50508080 or email us [email protected].
Visit Sahabat Insurance at Periklindo Electric Vehicle Show
See you at PERIKLINDO Electric Vehicle Show (PEVS) 2023 17 -21 May 2023, Hall A of JIEXPO Kemayoran with Sahabat Insurance and Mandiri Tunas FInance.
Difference of insurance, savings, investment
What is the difference between insurance, savings and investment? Before we know the difference, it is better if we know the meaning first.
- According to the Big Indonesian Dictionary (KBBI), insurance is coverage, an agreement between two parties. Meanwhile, the definition of insurance is quoted from the Financial Services Authority (OJK), which is an agreement between an insurance company and a policy holder which is the basis for receiving premiums by insurance companies as compensation in the form of replacing or reducing losses.
- Meanwhile, the definition of savings as reported by the Financial Services Authority (OJK) is money deposits in banks whose withdrawals can only be made according to certain conditions. Generally, banks will provide a passbook that contains information on all the transactions you have made and an ATM card complete with a personal number (PIN). In its current development, there are several types of savings that no longer use passbooks but internet/mobile banking.
- Investment is investment, usually in the long term for the procurement of complete assets or the purchase of shares and other securities for profit.
Now, after knowing the meaning, let's see what the difference is:
1. Insurance is to provide protection against risks that may occur to your assets in the future, savings are a means to save wealth from unused income while investment is an investment of funds in the long term to earn profits.
2. Insurance has an element of necessity because it is bound by a contract in the policy, savings and investment are more flexible and according to the ability of each individual.
3. While the risks that may occur will be protected in insurance according to the terms and conditions in the policy, while the investment risk depends on market conditions.
Well, hopefully this article provides information about insurance, savings and investment. For further inquiries regarding insurance and how to claim, you can contact us at 021-50508080