Get acquainted with the Guiding Block!
Some people, especially those living in urban areas, are familiar with the yellow line across the sidewalk, the line is not a decoration but a guiding block for blind pedestrians.
In the language of guiding block, it means the blocks to guide the way. This facility was built as an effort by the government to provide access for blind people to be able to walk independently following the yellow line. The installation of guiding blocks must be correct considering that each texture that appears on the blocks has its own meaning. In general, there are two types of guiding blocks, namely lines (line type) and dots (spot type).
For the long line means to show the visually impaired to go on. Meanwhile, the type of the dots is a stop or there are obstacles and turns ahead.
Safety Tips for Driving in The Rain
Driving in rain, whether a sprinkle or a heavy downpour, can be one of the most difficult driving situations a driver encounters. Rainy conditions are directly associated with higher accident rates. Things To Know Before You Start Driving In The Rain:
- Turn on your headlights not your hazard lights. Turning on the hazard lights during heavy rain will confuse other vehicles behind you, especially if you are at an intersection.
- Break through puddles or flooded areas. Water may enter the engine and damage your vehicle. The hole or drain may not be visible in the puddle. Avoid breaking through flooded areas.
- Traffic accidents are often caused by ignorance, violating traffic due to rain may result in accidents with other road users.
- Slow down ! Not only should you adhere to the posted speed limit when driving in wet weather conditions, you should drive considerably slower than you normally would. Wet roads are very dangerous.
- Avoid heavy braking, try to slow your vehicle by taking your foot off the accelerator earlier than you normally would in preparation to slow down or stop. Don’t use cruise control so your attention on using both the gas and brake are in tune.
What to do after a car accident
When you get into a car accident, there are certain steps you may want to take in order to help make sure everyone is safe, to follow the law and to get the insurance claim process started.
First, check your car and the passenger. If your car is safe to drive and is causing a hazard where it is, pull it to the side of the road. Otherwise, leave it where it is and get yourself to safety.
Second, if you're injured, call police or ambulance, secure the vehicle and ask for help. If you're seriously injured, try not to move, and wait for emergency personnel.
Third, notify your insurer and start the claims process. Call the insurance maximum 5 working days.
An accident can leave even the most seasoned driver frazzled, but following these steps may help protect you from unnecessary worries. That way, you can focus on working with your insurance company to get your vehicle repaired as smoothly and as quickly as possible.
Call us Sahabat Insurance for more info 021-50508080.
Difference of insurance, savings, investment
What is the difference between insurance, savings and investment? Before we know the difference, it is better if we know the meaning first.
- According to the Big Indonesian Dictionary (KBBI), insurance is coverage, an agreement between two parties. Meanwhile, the definition of insurance is quoted from the Financial Services Authority (OJK), which is an agreement between an insurance company and a policy holder which is the basis for receiving premiums by insurance companies as compensation in the form of replacing or reducing losses.
- Meanwhile, the definition of savings as reported by the Financial Services Authority (OJK) is money deposits in banks whose withdrawals can only be made according to certain conditions. Generally, banks will provide a passbook that contains information on all the transactions you have made and an ATM card complete with a personal number (PIN). In its current development, there are several types of savings that no longer use passbooks but internet/mobile banking.
- Investment is investment, usually in the long term for the procurement of complete assets or the purchase of shares and other securities for profit.
Now, after knowing the meaning, let's see what the difference is:
1. Insurance is to provide protection against risks that may occur to your assets in the future, savings are a means to save wealth from unused income while investment is an investment of funds in the long term to earn profits.
2. Insurance has an element of necessity because it is bound by a contract in the policy, savings and investment are more flexible and according to the ability of each individual.
3. While the risks that may occur will be protected in insurance according to the terms and conditions in the policy, while the investment risk depends on market conditions.
Well, hopefully this article provides information about insurance, savings and investment. For further inquiries regarding insurance and how to claim, you can contact us at 021-50508080