What should we do if an earthquake occurs?
A large earthquake occurred in Sumur, Banten and the tremor was felt in Jakarta on Friday (14/1/2022). So what should we do if an earthquake occurs?
1. Don't panic
2. Cover yourself under the table and wait for the earthquake to stop
3. Wait until it's safe
4. Get out of the building
5. Avoid taking cover under buildings, poles or trees.
If possible, you can get out of the house or building you are in as soon as possible. You can use the emergency stairs. If you use the emergency stairs, there are a few things you need to pay attention to. First, hold on to the side of the ladder. Second, don't run. Running can increase the risk of falling while descending stairs. Lastly, for women, remove high heels. Wearing high heels can make you fall down the stairs and is very dangerous.
These are the fines and dangers of taking shelter under a JPO or Flyover
During the rainy season, motorcyclists usually take advantage of the JPO (Jembatan Penyeberangan Orang), underpasses, or flyovers for shelter. Unfortunately, this turned out to be a violation of traffic laws and regulations.Stopping on the shoulder of the road like that is not only a danger to yourself but also other motorists. The movement and speed of the vehicle will also be hampered.The prohibition on stopping carelessly is stated in Law No. 22 of 2009 concerning Road Traffic and Transportation (LLAJ). Precisely in article 106 paragraph 4 which reads that everyone who drives a motorized vehicle on the road must comply with the following provisions:
Command Signs or Prohibition Signs
Traffic Signaling Tool
Stop and Park
As for the criminal provisions related to road marking violations, it is stated in Article 287 paragraph 3. It reads, every person who drives a motorized vehicle on a road that violates the rules of traffic movement, shall be punished with imprisonment for a maximum of 1 (one) month or a fine of a maximum of Rp. 250,000.
Safety Tips for Driving in The Rain
Driving in rain, whether a sprinkle or a heavy downpour, can be one of the most difficult driving situations a driver encounters. Rainy conditions are directly associated with higher accident rates. Things To Know Before You Start Driving In The Rain:
- Turn on your headlights not your hazard lights. Turning on the hazard lights during heavy rain will confuse other vehicles behind you, especially if you are at an intersection.
- Break through puddles or flooded areas. Water may enter the engine and damage your vehicle. The hole or drain may not be visible in the puddle. Avoid breaking through flooded areas.
- Traffic accidents are often caused by ignorance, violating traffic due to rain may result in accidents with other road users.
- Slow down ! Not only should you adhere to the posted speed limit when driving in wet weather conditions, you should drive considerably slower than you normally would. Wet roads are very dangerous.
- Avoid heavy braking, try to slow your vehicle by taking your foot off the accelerator earlier than you normally would in preparation to slow down or stop. Don’t use cruise control so your attention on using both the gas and brake are in tune.
Why car insurance claims are rejected?
Not having a driver's license at the time of an accident is one of the possible causes for a claim to be rejected by Vehicle Insurance in addition to being late in reporting claims. Especially if you violate traffic and are negligent while driving. For more information about vehicle insurance claims, contact Sahabat Insurance at 021-50508080 #asuransi Sahabat