Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever
Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever is a mosquito-borne disease that occurs in tropical and subtropical regions of the world. For mild dengue fever, it will cause a high fever and flu-like symptoms.
Many people have no signs or symptoms of dengue hemorrhagic fever infection. When symptoms do occur, they are mistaken for other illnesses, such as the flu. Usually symptoms will appear from four to 10 days after you are bitten by a mosquito.
This disease can cause a high fever of up to 40 degrees Celsius. In addition, some other symptoms, including:
- Muscle, bone or joint pain.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Pain behind the eyes
- Swollen glands.
- Use air conditioning or mosquito nets installed in the vents and beds. In addition, mosquitoes that carry the dengue virus are most active from dawn to dusk, but they can also bite at night.
- Wear protective clothing when you go to mosquito-infested areas, wear long sleeves, long pants, socks and shoes.
- Use insect repellents such as permethrin as they can be applied to clothing, shoes, camping gear, and mosquito nets. You can also buy clothes made with permethrin already in them. For skin, use a repellent that contains at least a 10 percent concentration of DEET.
- Reducing mosquito habitat by closing standing water. Mosquitoes that carry the dengue virus usually live in and around homes, breeding in standing water that can congregate on used car tires. You can help reduce mosquito populations by eliminating the habitats where they lay their eggs. At least once a week, empty and clean containers that contain standing water, such as planting containers, animal dishes, and flower vases. Keep the water container closed between cleanings. (Source: halodoc.com)
Heavy rainfall causes flooding in Greater Jakarta
Rain that has flushed Jakarta since Friday, July 16, 2022, has caused flooding. A total of 92 area in the capital were flooded. The data was collected on Saturday, July 18, 2022 (DKI BPBD Data and Information Center) Source: merdeka.com
Disaster mitigation is a series of efforts to reduce disaster risk, both through physical development as well as awareness and capacity building to deal with disaster threats (Article 1 paragraph 6 PP No 21 of 2008 concerning the Implementation of Disaster Management).
So what to do if there is a flood?
- Secure important objects and documents, such as house certificates, birth certificates and so on
- Turn off the gas and electricity in your home before the flood comes, do not touch electrically charged equipment when you are standing on/in the water.
- When you decide to evacuate your house, be aware of undercurrents, drains, sewers, puddles, and other places that are inundated with water.
- Do not drive a car in flooded areas. When the water starts to rise, ignore the car and get out. Immediately evacuate to higher ground.
- Consider flood insurance for vehicles and homes due to flooding to avoid future losses.
House Explosion, will my insurance cover the damage?
We will never be able to avoid a disaster, the risk of unpredictability when it occurs. By knowing that the risk will just happen without our expectations, of course we need preparations that we must do to overcome the losses arising from the problem.
Therefore, it is recommended that you have a home, other buildings make sure to use property insurance. This property insurance, can help you with an efficient and economical way to provide protection to every property owned from a variety of risks. FLEXAS stands for Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Aircraft Impact & Smoke.
FLEXAS is a package that you can use to protect against a variety of risks in property insurance. It is unfortunate if the investment held for our support in the future will just disappear due to risks such as Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Fall of Aircraft & Smoke. Finally, we feel something unpleasant and certainly very detrimental.
Here are some explanations regarding FLEXAS guarantees that protect you from various things such as:
No one will ever know when a fire can occur in a building we have such as a house or property. Fire caused by a short circuit or electrical short circuit, the spread of fire or heat that arises on its own, or due to the spread of fire from other objects, neighboring houses, tree fires and others or fire due to your own negligence or lack of care, your servant or other people such as fires due to stoves, exploding gas leaks, or cigarette butts and others. the damage caused by efforts to extinguish fires will also be guaranteed by property insurance.
Lightning (Lightning Strike)
Lightning strikes are a terrible thing, because besides being exposed to electric shock, it can also cause our homes to become fires and destroy homes or buildings. No need to worry because property insurance will help you, if your house or building is damaged due to lightning strikes. Property insurance also guarantees the risk of fire caused by electric machinery, electrical or electronic equipment, and electrical installations that are burned because lightning also enters into account.
Explosions can occur at any time, either because someone else intentionally put them in our place or because of our accident, What is meant by an explosion here is the sudden release of energy due to the expansion of steam or gas.
Aircraft Impact (Fall of Airplanes)
You could say that reaching aviation in Indonesia, having enough technology is high, but who can think of everything can happen to ourselves, without being able to know when it happened. The crash of an airplane to cause a fire will be guaranteed by property insurance. With the condition, this happens because of the physical impact of the aircraft or from the contents of the items in the plane that concern the house or property that is insured.
Smoke arising from the fire of insured property. So if the smoke caused by a fire causes damage to the house or other property insured, property insurance will guarantee the loss due to the damage.