How to Avoid Losing Your Bags When Travelling
Lost luggage happens, and it's a bummer—but it doesn't have to be the end of the world. We've put together a few tips on keeping your bags from traveling without you.
How to Avoid Losing Your Bags
The best way to avoid lost luggage is to carry it on—one carry-on-sized bag and one personal item, traditionally defined as a purse, tote, or anything small enough to fit under an airplane seat.Pack light and go carry-on only; that way, you'll never lose sight of your bag. Check airline rules before flying, as each carrier may have different bag dimensions.
Label Your Baggage Inside and Outside
All checked bags should have some label on the outside anda label on the inside - it can be beneficial to the bag's owner when it comes to identifying the bag.
A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Descriptions
Take a picture of your bag, preferably with a color tag, and keep it on your phone, email or another camera.
If your bag doesn't show up on the baggage carousel, look immediately for the airline's nearby baggage office or window and report it there at once. Give the window clerk your baggage stubs and wait for further instruction. Don't panic—your bag may just be delayed and coming in on another flight.
As soon as your luggage has been declared lost, you should call your travel insurance company to ask for advice on what to do next.
For more info about Sahabat Insurance Travel Insurance please call 021-50508080.
IG Live with Sahabat Insurance at Pasar Keuangan Rakyat.
To support Financial Inclusion Month 2023, Sahabat Insurance will be present at the Pasar Keuangan Rakyat, Sunday 22 October 2023 at Boemi Kedaton Mall, Lampung starting at 3 pm!
Watch IG Live on Sahabat Insurance's Instagram @sahabatinsurance.id to get a chance to win a total giveaway of IDR 200,000!
Insurance Requirements and Claim Procedures Motor Vehicle Insurance
Did you know, Motor Vehicle Insurance is a type of insurance or coverage that provides a guarantee or protection for loss, damage, loss caused by the risks guaranteed in the Motor Vehicle Insurance policy.
Loss and/or damage to the Motor Vehicle and/or the insured interest which is directly caused by:
- Collision, impact, tipping over, slipping, or slipping;
- The evil deeds of others;
- Theft, including theft that is preceded or accompanied or followed by violence or threats of violence as referred to in Article 362, 363 paragraphs (3), (4), (5) and Article 365 of the Criminal Code;
- Fires, including:
Loss and/or damage caused by the above-mentioned events as long as the relevant Motor Vehicle is on board the ship for crossings under the supervision of the Directorate General of Land Transportation, including loss and/or damage caused by the ship in question having an accident.
Insurance Closing Requirements and Procedures Requirements to be insured:
- Fill out the SPPA, with your ID card
- Have an insurable interest in the object of coverage to be insured
1. Fill out / complete the claim form
2. Photocopy of insurance policy
3. Photocopy of SIM and STNK
4. Local Police Certificate for vehicle claim in case of partial loss, total loss or involving a third party.
For more information, please see link below
Riplay Motor Vehicle Insurance - Sahabat Insurance
Does Car Insurance Cover Flood & Water Damage?
For those of you who don't know, car insurance also has an expansion of flood car insurance. It is important that you have this expansion of flood car insurance, especially during the rainy season and when you live at a high risk of flooding. Each policyholder can request an expansion of the insurance.
The Flood Insurance Claims Process
1. Contact your insurance agent or company to report your flood loss. Your flood insurance policy requires you to give prompt written notice of your loss.
2.Do not attempt to start a flooded car. Use a wet/dry vacuum to remove any standing water.
3.Keep proof of flood damage. Take photos for proof. Don't remove or replace any damaged items without your insurance company's approval.
4.Prepare the required documents, such as a driver's license, vehicle registration, car insurance policy number or if there are photocopies of these documents, this will make the claim process easier.
5. Report the damage to your car insurance company maximum of 5 days after the incident. Don't delay filing a claim. It may cause more damage to your car. Contact Sahabat Insurance at 021-50508080 for information about flood expansion insurance.