What is Own Risk?
Hi, Sahabat! If you have vehicle insurance, you must recognize some insurance terms so as not to get confused.
When purchasing a vehicle insurance product, you will be introduced to the term Own Risk (OR). Own risk can be interpreted as payment of compensation costs made by the vehicle owner or the insured for any loss and or damage that occurs when submitting a claim. If you do this, it means that you already know your responsibilities as a vehicle owner. As a form of your sense of responsibility to always be careful when driving. The standard, in accordance with OJK Letter No. 6 of 2017 stipulates that the current OR fee is a minimum of IDR 300,000 per incident.
Please note, standard car insurance policies actually only cover loss or damage caused by accident, collision, impact, overturning, slipping, or falling; evil deeds; theft; as well as fire and all risks covered by the motor vehicle insurance policy. However, if due to a disaster caused by natural disasters such as rain, flood, tsunami, hurricane, hail, tsunami, a product is provided in the form of an extension to protect your car from the causes mentioned above.
If you want to get further explanation regarding self-risk calculation or car insurance closing procedure through Sahabat Insurance Customer Service Online, we are happy to answer your questions via our hotline at 021-50508080 or Whatsapp at 021-50508080.
Safety Tips for Driving in The Rain
Driving in rain, whether a sprinkle or a heavy downpour, can be one of the most difficult driving situations a driver encounters. Rainy conditions are directly associated with higher accident rates. Things To Know Before You Start Driving In The Rain:
- Turn on your headlights not your hazard lights. Turning on the hazard lights during heavy rain will confuse other vehicles behind you, especially if you are at an intersection.
- Break through puddles or flooded areas. Water may enter the engine and damage your vehicle. The hole or drain may not be visible in the puddle. Avoid breaking through flooded areas.
- Traffic accidents are often caused by ignorance, violating traffic due to rain may result in accidents with other road users.
- Slow down ! Not only should you adhere to the posted speed limit when driving in wet weather conditions, you should drive considerably slower than you normally would. Wet roads are very dangerous.
- Avoid heavy braking, try to slow your vehicle by taking your foot off the accelerator earlier than you normally would in preparation to slow down or stop. Don’t use cruise control so your attention on using both the gas and brake are in tune.
Eid Al Fitr Holiday Announcement
Thank you for being our valued customer.
Following government regulation about National Holiday on Eid Al Fitr 1443 H
We will be closed from April 29 until May 6, 2022.
We will open on May 9, 2022.
Don’t worry! For claim and services please call
Sahabat Insurance Customer Care 021-50508080
Why car insurance claims are rejected?
Not having a driver's license at the time of an accident is one of the possible causes for a claim to be rejected by Vehicle Insurance in addition to being late in reporting claims. Especially if you violate traffic and are negligent while driving. For more information about vehicle insurance claims, contact Sahabat Insurance at 021-50508080 #asuransi Sahabat