Myth or Fact: Car Care Edition
Terakhir Diubah : 11:51:50 - Kamis, 25 November 2021
Myth or Fact: Car Edition
When it comes to car care and vehicle maintenance, there’s a lot of information out there. Sahabat Insurance is here to help you debunk popular car care myths and tell you what’s important to know. About filling gas. When is the best time to get your oil changed? When should you change your tires?
When at the gas station you have to turn off your cellphone? Really? There has been no definitive research on the relationship between cell phone signals and fires at gas stations. The possibility of burning could be due to the occurrence of static electricity or an exploding HP battery. However, it never hurts to save your cellphone while refueling.
Shaking the car while filling the gas will fill the tank perfectly
This is a myth, because today's modern car will be filled perfectly without being shaken. Especially when shaken there will be metal friction between the tip of the nozzle and the vehicle, and it can cause sparks.
People believe their oil should be changed every 10,000km. Is this myth or fact?
In fact, oil can be changed every 10,000km or every 6 months. But, it depends on how often you use the vehicle. The kilometer reference is not always the right benchmark to know when to change the oil? The reason is because the performance of the engine will be heavier according to how the driver drives and the road that is crossed.
Car Tires Also Need Rest, Myth Or Fact? Tires don't really need to be rested to follow the driver's rest. If the surface of the tire is slippery, it's time for the tire to retire.
Insurance Requirements and Claim Procedures Motor Vehicle Insurance
Did you know, Motor Vehicle Insurance is a type of insurance or coverage that provides a guarantee or protection for loss, damage, loss caused by the risks guaranteed in the Motor Vehicle Insurance policy.
Loss and/or damage to the Motor Vehicle and/or the insured interest which is directly caused by:
- Collision, impact, tipping over, slipping, or slipping;
- The evil deeds of others;
- Theft, including theft that is preceded or accompanied or followed by violence or threats of violence as referred to in Article 362, 363 paragraphs (3), (4), (5) and Article 365 of the Criminal Code;
- Fires, including:
Loss and/or damage caused by the above-mentioned events as long as the relevant Motor Vehicle is on board the ship for crossings under the supervision of the Directorate General of Land Transportation, including loss and/or damage caused by the ship in question having an accident.
Insurance Closing Requirements and Procedures Requirements to be insured:
- Fill out the SPPA, with your ID card
- Have an insurable interest in the object of coverage to be insured
1. Fill out / complete the claim form
2. Photocopy of insurance policy
3. Photocopy of SIM and STNK
4. Local Police Certificate for vehicle claim in case of partial loss, total loss or involving a third party.
For more information, please see link below
Riplay Motor Vehicle Insurance - Sahabat Insurance
What is Own Risk?
Hi, Sahabat! If you have vehicle insurance, you must recognize some insurance terms so as not to get confused.
When purchasing a vehicle insurance product, you will be introduced to the term Own Risk (OR). Own risk can be interpreted as payment of compensation costs made by the vehicle owner or the insured for any loss and or damage that occurs when submitting a claim. If you do this, it means that you already know your responsibilities as a vehicle owner. As a form of your sense of responsibility to always be careful when driving. The standard, in accordance with OJK Letter No. 6 of 2017 stipulates that the current OR fee is a minimum of IDR 300,000 per incident.
Please note, standard car insurance policies actually only cover loss or damage caused by accident, collision, impact, overturning, slipping, or falling; evil deeds; theft; as well as fire and all risks covered by the motor vehicle insurance policy. However, if due to a disaster caused by natural disasters such as rain, flood, tsunami, hurricane, hail, tsunami, a product is provided in the form of an extension to protect your car from the causes mentioned above.
If you want to get further explanation regarding self-risk calculation or car insurance closing procedure through Sahabat Insurance Customer Service Online, we are happy to answer your questions via our hotline at 021-50508080 or Whatsapp at 021-50508080.
Driving Tips: Prevent Parking Lot Crashes
While driving, the car is at risk of being damaged not only while on the road, but also when it is parked. To prevent this, there are some tips that you can do when parking the car, including:
- Choose a large area, safe and not too close to buildings, sidewalks, fences or piles of heavy and large items.
- Try to always park the car in a location with a flat surface.
- There are various risks that can occur when the car is parked under a tree.
- Many car owners choose to park their cars outdoors. Extreme weather changes, from heat to rain, during the changing seasons can also accelerate the deterioration of your car's paint.
- It would be easier to stay unseen while stealing from a car in darkness or in quiet area.
- Parking a car is not an easy affair, especially for drivers who are beginners. Often accidents happen when the driver tries to park his car, for example if he grazed a nearby car or stepped on the wrong pedal and hit a shop wall. Understand the limits of your driving ability and always be aware of your surroundings whenever you want to park your car.
Call us for information on vehicle protection at 021-50508080.
How to Get Insurance for Your Small Business: Smart Tips for Better Coverage
Small businesses need insurance coverage to protect them against risk and financial loss. Small business owners need to do their research to determine the types of insurance they need and to find the best policies for their business model. Small business insurance is crucial for protecting your business and personal assets in the event of an unexpected catastrophe.Consider all the different risks that could harm your business, from lawsuits, theft to car accidents to natural disasters. Write them all down so you can find coverage options that protect against those particular risks.Go over the details of your business with the insurance. They will know all the questions to ask to determine the coverage you need. You’ll just need to be prepared with the proper documentation so you can answer all their questions. If you have your own questions about insurance policies, make sure to ask them during the meeting. Call us 021-50508080 for more info.